Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Today's fight!


Why do we tolerate this?

My next door neighbor sold her home to someone whose first action is to plan on cutting down three beautiful, ancient trees on ‘her’ property.

Why do we allow people to ‘own’ property in this country? Of course, another one of those obviously answered questions.

Of course, if the colonizing of this country did not grow from “ownership”, how else were whites to take over and make this “their” country for white people?

How else were men to take over womyn? Rich people taking over poor people? White people enslaving Black people, Brown people, Asian people???

And how else were men going to justify the exploitation and destruction of the Mother Earth, unless she was their “property”?

Now, on this small, individual minute level,  this new owner is going to eliminate the life of three trees that for decades at least, have been home to many birds and small animals, insects, providing shade and oxygen, anchoring and nourishing the soil and air around them – for what?

Because she is wealthy and she can do it.

So I have to call & write her, organize a petition, call the city, maybe even picket her San Francisco business.

Is THIS how I want to spend my precious time? No, but there I go, but for the squeaky wheel…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home