Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A new fall day dawns, bright, sunny & warm!

Jasi & I spend the morning playing at the rest area. We run around the grounds a few times, racing back and forth. He claims to win each time - and he does. I'm the slow boat!

I decide I will sort one or two bags at each rest area we stop at - so after we play, eat breakfast, and play some more, I bring a bag to the picnic table to sort while he lines up his race cars and airplanes.

I am devastated, going thru the first bag. Beans and flax seeds are smushed in with papers, flyers, empty containers and envelopes, spices, and vitamins.

I sort everything, pulling out clothes and towels first, then making stacks of things I have to toss, things to go back into different drawers, etc.

Jasi is so independent and happy, content to play, eat, and stay here all day.

He also cooperates when I tell him we need to get on the road, jack! He fills up his water bottle, washes his airplane, climbs into his car seat. I notice shiney spots shimmering from last nite's rain, under the front of my truck & make a note - I don't remember last nite - or in the wee hours of the morning when I stopped here - if the pavement was oily.

I check the dipstick and see that it is a quart low. Then I see that the overflow tank of the radiator is totally dry.

I have been thinking about both the heat indicator and the fuel compression - I think that for a new engine and radiator, the engine shouldn't be running as hot as it is. I hope I am wrong.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home